I love creating things and perfecting products. I run Steamclock Software, where we build polished web and mobile apps in Vancouver. Previously, I was a Software Engineer at Apple.
My job involves product design, development, teaching, and speaking. I’m intensely interested in how great software can be. In my downtime, I play guitar, host a podcast, and play on a hockey team comprised entirely of programmers.
- Steamclock Software: We make products for clients as well as ourselves. We also have a blog, where we show our work.
- Party Monster: An iOS app for running music at parties and road trips.
- WeddingDJ: An iOS app for planning and running the music at weddings.
- VanCocoa: The Vancouver Cocoa speaker series.
- My resume: What one would expect.
- Project List: An exhaustive catalog of most things I’ve worked on.
Talks and Podcast Appearances
I love teaching and discussing tech and other topics. Sometimes, people record it.
- Clockwise 174, where we discuss iPad, Apple Watch, Apple-produced original content, and iTunes
- Release Notes 190 where I talk about our products, and 191 where I talk about client work.
- Up Up Down Down, the game development podcast I co-host, currently on hiatus.
- Competing with Art, my talk at CocoaLove 2015
- Cinema Gadfly 7 and 8, where Arik Devens and I discuss Terry Gilliam’s Brazil and Steven Spielberg’s Catch Me If You Can.
- Incomparable Radio Theatre 1.10, as Charles Babbage
- Too Many Frameworks, my talk at CascadiaJS 2015
- Iterate 80, an episode where we discuss Steamclock, our apps, and mobile app design
- Maximum Viable Products, a talk I gave in a few countries in 2014
- Mapping the Internet, my talk at SecondConf 2013
- Unprofessional 52, “The Taco Bell Unprofessional”
- Lining Things Up 6, my first podcast appearance
- Crafting a Technical Meetup at JSConf US 2011, my first conference talk